top of page



The Ohio Emergency Management Agency reported that F.E.M.A will be doing a disaster 

assessment throughout the Dayton Miami Valley and surrounding counties on June 6th -7th to

determine if the cities affected qualify for emergency funds from the federal government.  If you

or your business have been displaced please call the (OEMA) the Ohio Emergency Management hotline  to

help give them an indication of how many lives have been impacted by this catastrophic event.


24 Hour contact  (614) 889-7150

Shelters & Resources In Montgomery County 

                                         Current Relief Updates!



UPDATE June 6, 2019 at NOON




Montgomery County, in partnership with ADAMHS, is now operating a Family Assistance Center (FAC) located at 1500 Shiloh Springs Rd in Dayton (the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints).

The center will operate until further notice, with the following hours:

· Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.

· Wednesday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.


The Center will offer access to one-on-one intervention services to assist with trauma and mental health needs for those individuals affect by the tornadoes. Trained specialists will help to identify needs and make referrals to appropriate services.

Additionally, the Center will serve as a “one stop” location to meet with representatives of Public Health – Dayton & Montgomery County, American Red Cross, Montgomery County Auditor’s Office, Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services, St. Vincent DePaul and United Way HelpLink.

A computer lab will be available for displaced residents to access online services for such things as insurance claims, public assistance benefits, replacement Medicaid/Medicare cards, and information on senior services, housing and transportation services.


Public Health will be providing immunizations on Thursday, June 6, and free cribs for those affected by the tornadoes during all hours of operation. They will also provide information and referrals to other Public Health services.

The Salvation Army’s Kroc Center will operate a Resource Center at 1000 N. Keowee Street, Dayton, from 1 to 8 p.m., Thursday, June 6, through Saturday, June 8, and Monday, June 10, through Tuesday, June 11, from 1 to 8 p.m.

The Kroc Resource Center will provide tornado-affected individuals with hot meals, food boxes, hygiene kits, case management, gift cards, vouchers to Salvation Army stores, and emotional and spiritual care. Between June 6 and 11, a free RTA shuttle will operate 1-7 p.m., between the Family Assistance Center and the Salvation Army’s Dayton Kroc Center. 


Call the Kroc Center for more details at

(937) 528-5100. 



Property owners still need to apply for permits for safe reconnection

Montgomery County is helping the community to rebuild by issuing permits at no charge for electric and gas piping permits. This waiver is effective immediately for restoring services to properties affected by the recent storms. These waivers will be in effect through July 31.


Property owners will still need to apply for an electric or gas piping permit. Each property will need to be inspected to ensure safety when turning on the utilities, but the fees for these permits will be waived.

For electric and gas reconnects, DP&L and Vectren are already inspecting properties that sustained minor or no damage, and restoring service where it can be done safely. If they find damage or leaks, they will inform the owner or tenant to have the damage repaired, and to then contact Montgomery County Building Regulations for permits and inspections.

Any questions concerning permits for ensure safe utility reconnection should be directed to the Montgomery County Building Regulations Department at or (937) 225-4622.

FEMA: No FEMA relief sites are in operation in our area. FEMA will be conducting a separate damage assessment and making their own determination at a later time. If you need immediate housing/food/mental health support, please call (937) 225-6217 and we can provide you with a list of shelters/food pantries/mental health resources.


We do not have a federal emergency declaration at this time. Our assessment teams have already conducted preliminary assessments of the property damage in the impacted communities, and FEMA will conduct their own assessment. If you would like to report uninsured damage to your home or business, call (937) 225-6217. Please provide your name, address, and whether you have home/business insurance or uninsured losses, we will provide that information to FEMA and our assessment teams. NOTE: You will not be contacted directly by FEMA or the Montgomery County Emergency Operations team after reporting your damage.   


call (937) 225-6217


Auditor’s Office Notice: Properties damaged or destroyed in the Memorial Day tornadoes may be eligible for a deduction in taxable property value. Call the Montgomery County Auditor’s Office at 937-225-4326 or visit to complete and submit a form.      


937-225-4326 or visit




The boil advisory has been lifted for all of Dayton, Montgomery County, Greene County, Trotwood, and Brookville water systems.

The conservation advisory is also lifted. You can return to normal water usage. We are no longer redirecting wastewater (sewage) into the Stillwater River. However, the river has not been cleared as safe by Public Health at this time.  




We are coordinating shelter, food, water with jurisdictions, Red Cross and the Foodbank, Inc.  

  • Harrison Township Fire Station 94, open Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at 2400 Turner Road – food, water, hygiene, household supplies (both receiving and distributing).

  • Montgomery County Fairgrounds (Matthew 25: Ministries), 645 Infirmary Road – Water, Ice, Food, Other Supplies and Resources, also accepting donations 

  • The Foodbank, Inc., 56 Armor Place, Dayton – Food and Water  

  • Washington Township Rec Center, 895 Miamisburg-Centerville Rd. – Water, Other Supplies 

  • Montgomery County Environmental Services, 1850 Spaulding Rd, Kettering  – Water 



  • Morton Middle School – Shelter, Food, Water, Mental/Emotional Support 

    • 8555 Peters Pike, Vandalia  

  • Corinthian Church – Shelter, Food, Water, Mental/Emotional Support 

    • 700 N. James H. McGee, Dayton 

  • First Baptist Church Kettering, 3939 Swigart Rd, Beavercreek, OH 45440  



If a natural disaster destroyed your housing and you need assistance with moving expenses, rental deposit, rent and utility payments, contact these numbers for assistance & resources: 

  • Miami Valley Community Action Partnership: (937) 963-9433 

  • St. Vincent de Paul Conferences: (937) 222-5555 

  • Other: VRBO may offer reduced rates for shelter in time of disaster: 

If the tornadoes destroyed your rental housing to the point that it is deemed uninhabitable:  

  • Contact your landlord or property management company to ask if there are comparable units available. Units should be comparable in pricing, bedroom size, amenities, and location.  

  • You can immediately vacate the premises and notify the landlord in writing of your intention to terminate the rental agreement, in which case the agreement terminates on the date of vacating.  

  • You are entitled to a refund of your security deposit if you have been forced out of your housing unit long term due to a natural disaster situation that’s out of your control. 


Legal Assistance and Fair Housing Resource 


Homeowner Assistance – Home Repair Programs 
* CountyCorp: (937) 225-6328 
* Rebuilding Together Dayton: (937) 223-4893 
* People Working Cooperatively: (513) 351-7921 

Property Taxes: Properties damaged/destroyed in the Memorial Day tornadoes may be  eligible for a deduction in taxable property value. Call Montgomery County Auditor’s Office at (937) 225-4326 or visit

Property Deeds: Montgomery County Recorder’s Office will provide FREE property deeds to those impacted by the storm. Visit the Montgomery County Recorder’s Office from 8AM to 4PM, M-F, at 5th Floor, County Administration Building, 451 W. Third St., Dayton.  (937) 225-4326 




The Ohio Treasurer’s office administers two economic development programs that may be beneficial to impacted individuals or entities when insurance coverage or relief funds do not cover the full cost of repairs or replacement of property, equipment, or vehicles, or if those impacted did not have insurance coverage for the damage incurred.

ReEnergize Ohio and ECO-Link offer interest rate reduction on loans for damage from natural disasters for any Ohioan with a small business or a primary residence located in Ohio. The bank loan application must be submitted in conjunction with a participating Ohio depositary bank. The borrower and the bank loan officer complete the application online. Please contact the Ohio Treasurer’s Department of Economic Development at 614-466-6546 or 1-800-228-1102 for assistance finding a participating bank in your area.   


614-466-6546 or 1-800-228-1102


ReEnergize Ohio (previously Renew Ohio) assists small business owners and farm operators who require loans to repair or replace their property. The ReEnergize Ohio linked-deposit program can work with SBA loans as well.

For construction loans, provides up to a 3% interest rate reduction on individual or commercial loans for up to four (4) years. The rate reduction is available on loans up to $550,000, with possible cap variance on a case by case basis.

For restoration loans, provides up to 3% interest rate reduction on loans up to four (4) years. The rate reduction is available on loans up to $550,000. The online application consists of two brief forms – one from the applicant and one from the lender. Contractor estimates for a business construction project must be attached and must total greater than or equal to the full amount of the loan.


ECO-Link (previously Rebuild Ohio) assists homeowners with financing the restoration or replacement of their primary residence through the use of construction or restoration loans.

For construction loans, provides up to a 3% interest rate reduction on loans for up to two (2) years. The rate reduction is available on loans up to $400,000.

For restoration loans, provides up to a 3% interest rate reduction on loans for up to seven (7) years. The rate reduction is available on loans up to $50,000.

The online application consists of two brief forms – one from the applicant and one from the lender. Contractor estimates for the projects must be attached and total greater than or equal to the full amount of the loan.

More information about ReEnergize Ohio and ECO-Link can be found at If you have any further questions, please contact the Ohio Treasurer’s Department of Economic Development at 614-466-6546 or




Contact Veterans Service Commission: (937) 225-4801 

Call oxygen supplier (contact info located on oxygen bottle). 


  • Samaritan CrisisCare: (937) 224-4646 

  • Optum Public Crisis Line: Emotional support help line at (866) 342-6892 is free of charge and available to anyone. Caring professionals will connect people to resources. It will be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. 

  • SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline: 800-985-5990 
    Nationwide hotline for individuals experiencing emotional distress for any disaster.  
    Or text ‘TalkWithUs’ to 66746 



Survivors needing assistance with home cleanup may call: 800-451-1954. 

From now until June 14, 2019, several relief agencies are staffing a free hotline for tarping, tree-cutting, debris removal, and home cleanup. This hotline will connect survivors with reputable and vetted relief agencies that will assist in debris cleanup, as they are able. All services are free, but service is not guaranteed due to the expected overwhelming need. 

Importantly, this hotline cannot assist with social services such as food, clothing, shelter, insurance, or questions about FEMA registration. 


Please call United Way’s Help Link #211 for help with social services.



Our Solid Waste District located at 1001 Encrete Ln., Moraine, OH has announced extended hours to accept solid waste and yard waste. 

Monday – Friday: 6am – 8pm 

Saturday – Sunday: 8am – 6pm  

Recycling drop-off will be CLOSED Sunday 

Montgomery County residents in heavily affected areas will experience approximately a 20% reduction in disposal costs only. This action shall go into effect June 4 thru July 30 to help residents impacted by the recent tornados/storms. This reduction in cost is due to the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency (OEPA) agreeing to waive the State disposal fee of $4.75 per ton and Montgomery County waiving the solid waste generation fee of $3.00 per ton. 

Yard Waste/Brush:

  • Yard waste and brush disposal is FREE for Montgomery County residents at the Solid Waste District. All yard waste must be clean and free of debris/trash. No larger than 24” diameter pieces. No stumps. Contractors will be charged at $36/ton for yard waste and brush disposal. 

  • Residents should continue putting yard waste and brush debris at curbside. Local jurisdictions, private haulers, and volunteers are helping to remove yard waste and brush and take it to the appropriate location. 

  • Residents can the call crisis management hotline for help gaining debris removal assistance: 800-451-1954

  • Additional information at (937) 225-4999 or

Trash: Jurisdictions and private haulers are helping to manage cleanup for trash and construction/demolition debris by providing large dumpsters in affected areas.

Construction/Demolition Debris:

  • Construction and demolition material can be dropped off for a fee at Solid Waste District, 1001 Encrete Lane, Moraine, OH. Call (937) 225-4999.

  • Jurisdictions and private haulers are helping to manage cleanup for trash and construction/demolition debris by providing large dumpsters in affected areas.

Companies offering specific disposal services are: 

Champion Equipment & Supply, 3600 Valley Street, Riverside, Ohio 45424 

Accepting: Tree debris ONLY (no trash)  

Open 7:30 am – 5:30 pm, M – F; Open 8:00 am – 3:00 pm, Saturday; Closed Sunday 

Vance Rd Hard Fill: 2101 Vance Rd., Dayton, OH  

Accepting: Construction & demolition debris ONLY (No trash and/or yard waste) 

Open 7am – 5 pm, Monday – Friday; Open 8am – 2pm, Saturday 

Public Health has given the ALL CLEAR for the Stillwater River and the Great Miami River as it pertains to sewage discharge in the area. Read their official press release HERE



The Animal Resource Center has received an incredible outpouring of community support with donations of pet food, cat litter, and bottled water. With a large amount of pet supplies already donated, the Animal Resource Center is serving as a spot for those affected by the Memorial Day tornadoes to pick up supplies. Anyone who needs a bag of food or other supplies can stop by the Animal Resource Center.

The Animal Resource Center will also continue to accept donations from the community to help our community’s pets. Anyone willing to donate can bring food, cat litter, water, and other pet necessities to the Animal Resource Center. Supplies can be dropped off or picked up during regular business hours:

  • Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.

  • Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

  • Sunday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

The Animal Resource Center is located at 6790 Webster St., Dayton, 45414. For any questions, contact the Animal Resource Center at (937) 898-4457.



  • Donate money to Red Cross at 1-800-RED-CROSS,, or text the word RedCROSS to 90999. 

  • Donate money to The Foodbank, Inc. 

  • Community Blood Center is in critical need of type O positive blood. Emergency room usage was high during Memorial Day weekend & storm damage has forced blood drive cancellations. Dayton CBC at 349 South Main St. is operating. Schedule donation at or call 1-800-388-GIVE.




MAIN SITE: St. Vincent de Paul Community Store, 24/7 Donation Center, 120 W. Apple St., Dayton, OH 45402 

The City of Dayton has opened three recreation facilities that will accept In-kind donations smaller than a skid: (6AM-9PM, M-F, Sat 8AM-4PM) Note: People can get showers here too. 

  • Northwest Recreation Center, 1600 Princeton Dr, Dayton, OH 45406 

  • Greater Dayton Recreation Center, 2021 W Third St, Dayton, OH 45417 

  • Lohrey Recreation Center, 2366 Glenarm Ave, Dayton, OH 45420 

LARGE DONATIONS (large trucks, semis, skids or larger): Expo Center Dayton Airport, 3900 McCauley Drive, Vandalia, OH 45377, Open 7AM-2PM, Monday through Friday 

Montgomery County Fairgrounds, 645 Infirmary Rd, Dayton, is also accepting donations.  


Volunteers can register through the Volunteer Reception Center, and you will be matched to organizations with specific volunteer needs. 

Location: Sinclair Community College, Bldg 20, 220 South Edwin C Moses (enter off 5th St)

  • Hours of Operation: 7 days a week, 8 AM- 6 PM 

  • Phone number: 937-512-5700 

Please bring a picture ID. All types of assistance are needed. Licensed professionals in skilled trades, medical, veterinary fields as well as individuals and companies that own and operate equipment (everything from chainsaws to heavy equipment) are very much needed and encouraged to volunteer their time. 




Public Health Dayton & Montgomery County will be offering free birth certificates, cribs, and Hepatitis A vaccines for those affected by the tornadoes on Wednesday, June 5 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Harrison Township Community Center.

In addition, Public Health will have information available about how to get a replacement Medicare, Medicaid, or Social Security card. Birth certificates may be needed to help members of the public identify themselves to be eligible for relief services and to replace other identification documents.

Harrison Township Community Center
5495 N. Dixie Dr.
Dayton, Ohio 45414

For more information about birth certificates, call (937) 496-3117.




This Thursday, June 6, 2019 is the deadline for SNAP food assistance recipients to apply for replacement benefits if power was lost for four hours or more as a result of the May 27th storms. If you have an existing SNAP case and lost power for four or more hours, causing your SNAP food to spoil, you can apply by completing the application online at

Upon completion of this form, please return to Family Assistance at the Job Center located at 1111 S. Edwin C. Moses Blvd in Dayton.  Alternatively, it can be faxed to (937) 496-3306 or emailed to  Our specialists will work with DP&L to verify your power status and eligibility.

Additional details on applying for SNAP benefits can be found at

Food assistance resources are available on the Montgomery County website at


The Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce has put together a listing of resources for business owners impacted by the storm. View it here: 

If your business has been impacted or disrupted by the recent severe weather and tornadoes, BusinessFirst! will connect you with resources and assistance. General phone number: 937-225-4351. Link: 



For emergency demolitions, a variance can be given by Regional Air Pollution Control Agency (RAPCA) for the asbestos inspection, the 10-working day wait, or the requirement to remove all regulated asbestos containing materials prior to the start of demolition activities of a facility. Emergency demolition means any demolition operation conducted under a written order issued by a state or local governmental agency because a facility is structurally unsound and in danger of collapse. Please note, residential structures having fewer than 4 dwelling units are exempt from all asbestos regulations. 

For full details visit or contact the RAPCA Asbestos Coordinator with questions and for assistance at 937-225-4435. 



Many communities are faced with the task of disposing of large quantities of debris from the recent storms. Ohio has strict rules prohibiting the open burning of any waste material, including storm debris, within city limits. Storm debris includes any and all materials such as trees, brush, building materials, and trash. 

Open burning contributes to the overall degradation of our air quality and causes breathing difficulties for those suffering from respiratory illnesses like asthma, emphysema, and bronchitis. It can also cause safety concerns with fire hazards that can cause further property damage and smoke that can reduce visibility on nearby roads, especially when there is limited access to water for fire protection. 


Contact your local municipalities for information concerning disposal methods and available assistance, or contact RAPCA at 937-225-4435 to get guidance.    

bottom of page